I Am



I wake up. Today I can do anything. What do I want to do?
I run. It makes me happy. Nothing else matters.
I eat. It gives me energy. I can do anything.
I drink coffee. It makes me high. Ideas flood my mind.

I think about the one that I love

I come down. I am hopeless. I don’t want to do anything.
I work. It is boring. My mind drifts. I am someone else.
I see a pretty girl. She is my type. I think about her beauty. I think about something else.
I write. I go to a different world. I am clever, important.

I think about the one that I love

I talk. It is a boring. I cannot think of anything to say.
I run again. It makes me feel good. I am a runner. It is what I do.
I watch TV. It is the news. I am serious.
I drink. It makes me relax. I want to talk and laugh.

I think about the one that I love.

I am her. She never changes. Feelings come and go. She stays the same.

I am the one that I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Alliterative Alternative

Why I run fifty miles a week

A Poetic Interlude