An Alliterative Alternative

Yes, that was the exercise. A poem with alliteration on every line written about love for an object. Very trying, but it did mean that I got to let out some more confessions about the concerning relationship between my bike and I.


Love on Two Wheels - A Poem

Clunk clunk clunk

Shifts will shank and slip


Click click click

Barings bounce and break


Squeaal. Squeaaal.

Pads rasp on rim


Scratch, scratch.

Saddle scrapes my crotch


Handles hammer hands

Wheelarch rakes the thigh

Pedals pummel my shin


You’re unreliable as a rat

Painful as a piercing

You hurt and harangue me,

You make my stomach sick


Yet my bike, my beau I love you

For all the hurt and the pain


When we pedal the peaks,

We speed and fly on the freeway

You make me live and laugh;

Clamour and acclaim.


We journey, one organ, one person.

We join together, cycle and soul

We are welded

Amalgamated

A bond unbreakable


That’s why you are more

Than a painting or a pot

You are fixed to my frame

Forever.

A body;

Agape


Clunk clunk

My pulse pumps


Click click

My muscles moan


Squeaal. Squeaal.

Says our body, in motion.

A man on a bike

Comments

  1. How did I know you'd go for the bike? Yes, riding a bike up a big mountain, getting sweaty and dirty and wondering what it's all about - I can see the parallels. At least you're only composing love poems, unlike this guy

    http://www.aliraqi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80286

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I run fifty miles a week

A Poetic Interlude