A Poetic Interlude

Hello all

Its poetry time on the Creative Writing Course. I am dothing my beret and will go and sit in the nearest field, just when it stops raining and/or being freezing. So far it has proved a mixed bag. I have written a poem while listening to music (exercise 12.3) which went well, and i have written a poem about a cow (exercise 12.5), which was awful. I will share the former if you don't mind.

The Lake

The plain of your stomach
Still and serene as a mountain lake
I kiss the top of the water
A ripple up your body

A breath of air sounds above me
Leaves rustle in recognition
The waters lap against my face
Warm and soft like the womb

I want to dive in
Submerge myself in blue syrup
Fill my pores with your touch
Mix my body with you

You urge me down deeper
Until i can see or feel no other
The world is blue, is you
I am blue. I am the water.


So that was written while listening to Tender by Blur interestingly enough.

Okay its not perfect, but its a start. Next assignment - a poem with alliteration in every sentence. I predict probably pathetic proceedings.

Adieu

Comments

  1. This poetry stuff is really rather becoming. I like it. Go on, post the cow one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Alliterative Alternative

Why I run fifty miles a week